A daydream of mine came true in 2017. I have been home on leave from teaching for 3 years now with my 3 year old and 17 month old. I have looked high and low for early childhood programs within our county. I have tried countless story times and classes, joined the local YMCA, and had wonderful experiences with my girls, but none of the classes were everything I hoped for…I wanted an opportunity for us that encouraged a love for sensory play, dramatic play, reading, singing, AND LEARNING…
- Following directions within a group
- Practicing social skills naturally “on the spot”
- Practicing fine/gross motor skills, early math & literacy skills
- Exposing them to new vocabulary each week, topics of study, themes.
- Learning through child directed play at weekly play stations
- And selfishly, my husband and I wanted a chance to meet and socialize with like minded families while bonding with our toddlers.
I was obviously looking for a one-of-a-kind program. So after three years of planning and a drive downtown for a “DBA,” Play2Learn Tot Time was born! Before I knew it, I was lesson planning for weekday and weekend Tot Time groups. My husband, also an educator, helped build our summer offerings and I can promise you will LOVE THEM! I encourage you to read more about each of our classes and to reach out to schedule a free demo class!
My little family can’t wait to PLAY TO LEARN alongside of YOURS!
Kelly Owens Vincentini, P2L Owner/Tot Time Teacher