A daydream of mine came true in 2017. I had been home on leave from teaching for 3 years with my 3 year old and 17 month old. I had looked high and low for early childhood programs within our county. I tried countless story times and classes, joined the local YMCA, and had wonderful experiences with my girls, but none of the classes were everything I hoped for…I wanted an opportunity for us that encouraged a love for sensory play, dramatic play, reading, singing…
- Following directions within a group
- Practicing social skills naturally “on the spot”
- Practicing fine/gross motor skills, early math & literacy skills
- Exposing them to new vocabulary each week, topics of study, themes.
- Learning through child directed play at weekly play stations
- And selfishly, my husband and I wanted a chance to meet and socialize with other parents while bonding with our toddlers.
I was obviously looking for a one-of-a-kind program. So after three years of planning and a drive downtown for a “DBA,” Play2Learn was born! Before I knew it, I was lesson planning and creating programs for weekday and weekend classes. Soon after my husband, also an educator, helped build our summer offerings and I can promise you will LOVE THEM! I encourage you to read our class descriptions and see if there is an upcoming class or camp that fits with your family schedule.
My little family can’t wait to PLAY TO LEARN alongside of YOURS!
Kelly Owens Vincentini, P2L Owner/ Teacher